Secret to Uploading Arduino Sketch to Cactus Micro?

I just got my Cactus Micros delivered and I’m having a bit of trouble getting sketches to upload to it. I can see the serial port and I can connect to it with Arduino’s built-in serial monitor and I see

Hello Cactus Micro!
í#õMêáC∫ÙawÇ)a)¥˘Ç≥ÕApH>Pxó    VaÜkGÎ
÷§®H»™ñãÎKK∫››πÖ•µ—°•π≠ï…πçΩµ5)jR4Eµ
…Uñ◊Æ≠ÀKÇr r™B≈•jR4ı’+ã´ã('®Y,5d
AT

OK

at the terminal. As you can see I can send AT commands to the the sketch that comes pre-programed. However, when I go to upload a new sketch I get

Sketch uses 17,008 bytes (59%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 795 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,765 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I get the same result selecting the board type as both “Arduino Leonardo” and “Lillypad Arduino USB”. This is in Arduino 1.6.1.

Is there something that I need to be doing differently?

Okay, that was an easy problem. I just needed to remove the WiFi daughter board. Now I’m able to upload sketches most of the time.

Edit: … or maybe that wasn’t it. Now I can upload with the wifi board attached. Don’t know what fixed it.

The pre-programed sketch is SerialMonitor. The esp8266 module output lines after “Hello Cactus Micro”. Don’t choose the board type as “Arduino Leonardo”. Cactus Micro is working at 3.3V/8Mhz. You must choose “LilyPad Arduino USB”.

I used Arduino 1.0.6 to program it. It’s more stable.