Allow connection based on mac address.................?

Hai

in my project i am using BlueDuino as a bluetooth interface. all my devices will connect to this BlueDuino and BlueDuino will do some certain operations based on instructions from connected devices.so in order to provide security. i need to allow connections to some particular device only. for that i need to store the mac address of each device in permanent memory. so when i device is trying to connect BlueDuino i can compare its mac with the mac in memory.and allow connection if they are same.

so i need to know the following details.

1.how to get the mac address of a connected device.
2.how to disconnect a device through program .

thankyou

1.how to get the mac address of a connected device.

Sorry. It’s not supported yet. We’ll add a command to get the mac.

Hi,

We have made a new firmware for CC2540. It resolves some issues you metioned. Please see our wiki for how to upgrade firmware.

Do you have a USB to UART converter for upgrading?

i need to disconnect the central when a specific condition occurred . so which AT command should i use to disconnect the central…?

try to use the AT command directly

Serial1.write("AT\r\n");

Ok it is working perfectly fine

thank you

will this commend affect the operation of processor…? like reset command

how to get notified when a centarl is connected…?

Do you mean a central module that can connect to other peripheral module? AT+RESET should also work.

No a notification at peripheral side. But you will get a response OK+CONN at central side

can i implement a pin number based pairing when a device is try to connect…?

There’s only P0.1 wire to BlueDuino. The pin is used for wake up already. What do you think about implement a OK+CONN notify string at peripheral side when connected?

i mean a security pin not i/o pin. pin number based pairing such as in phones

Got it. But it’s not supported yet.