AB Ble Gateway 4 | Beacontools integration

Hello,

I own a AB Ble Gateway 4 and it is amazing!

I’ve been playing around with the python MQTT client provided with the sdk, and I was wondering if there is any example of an integration with Beacontools and especially their parser functionality to decode the advertisement packet?

Any input is welcome, thank you in advance!

It’s possible. We’ll look into the parser library.

We’ve updated the example. Please check it again. Here’re some example output

=============================================
mac:123B6A1BAC84
rssi: -66
UUID: b5b182c7-eab1-4988-aa99-b5c1517008d9
Major: 1
Minor: 2
TX Power: -59
=============================================
mac:123B6A1B6D8F
rssi: -66
UUID: 888557e7-23e4-4bed-988a-a02fe47f9001
Major: 1034
Minor: 61
TX Power: -59

It works like a charm indeed! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello Elsener, I noticed you commented on July 1st. I have a question. I was trying to set up my beacon, while I was setting it up, a notice appeared from google, saying that of Dec. 06, 2018 Google will not be supplying the services for the Beacon due to overly spamming people. I noticed you commented that it works like a charm. Is it working for you? Will you please guide me to get my Beacon working correctly to how you are running yours? please. I greatly appreciate it. Thank you Sam

Hi,

Google stop support Eddystone with the built-in Nearby.app. But you can still write your own app to check Eddystone beacon or iBeacon device.

We talked about a python code and Google doesn’t care this.

Thank you Aprilpea,
I’m new and don’t know about code developing, Is there a video I can go to on How To set up the beacons? or someone to guide me, Please. I greatly appreciate it.