Soil Sensor 2.2

Hi, I was just trying to solder some cables for flashing to the contacts on a 2.2 board. On the board there are descriptions like “5V G D4 D3 D2 D1 Rx Tx” on one side, “3v3, D8, D7, D6, D5, D0, AD, RST” on the other. I can see the traces to go from ESP Tx -> Tx, Rx -> Rx, gpio5 -> D1, gpio2 -> D4, gpio15 -> R7, but its not clear to me to which pin gpio0 goes (as I need that one for flashing…). In the GitHub 2.1 schematics I can see a pinout that more or less corresponds, but not fully, as pin 6 (marked D1 on the board) should correspond to gpio4, but in reality it seems to be wired to gpio5.

Maybe I did not read this correctly? Or maybe you could tell me which one of the descriptions match gpio0? I can naturally also buy a connector to plug into the flash port. What kind of connector would that be? It seems to be smaller than my standard headers… Or does your rev4 flasher directly plug into the soil sensor flashing connector, with me having to solder anything? If yes, I might just buy one to not have the hassle…

It’s the pinouts compatible with ESPea. We design this for re-use shield from ESPea.

The best flasher for the board is our ESP flasher. You can use it program the sensor easier.

NOTE: ESP soil sensor v2.2 is just v2.1. The schematic is same one.

Do I have to solder anything to the ESP flasher if I buy it? Or does it have the connectors to directly plug it into the flash port?

we’ll solder a pinouts for you if you note us in your order.

Great! I will order immediately…

Great project, thank you! I would like to know the function of sn74lvc1g3157 and if I understand the sketch correctly, the frequency of the clock for the sensor is just 40 kHz compared to 1 MHz of sensor of Miceuz?

Please post a new topic for easier find similar question by others. ESP8266 has only one analog pin. It’s used to measure the voltage for soil sensor default. The pin can be used to measure the battery voltage if no other pin connected. So we add a sn74lvc1g3157 as switch.

Yes. We’ve tested 40kHz also work fine. You can also change the frequency to 1MHz and do more tests.