Cactus Micro R2 + Thinger.io platform

Hi,

I bought a Cactus Micro Rev 2, it’s fantastic, of course.

Before the use of Cactus Micro R2 I used other controllers that allow the connection with the Thinger.io platform, which is really easy to remotely read and write Arduino sensors and actuators (thinger.io). Thinger.io is amazing thanks to its fantastic features and because it’s FREE!

Thus, it is a pity if the Cactus Micro cannot be connected to thinger.io. What is required by thinger.io to be used by Arduino boards is the use of ESP8266WiFi.h library (see here http://docs.thinger.io/arduino/#supported-hardware-esp8266-nodemcu). It is widely known that Cactus Micro uses the espduino library thus I’m wondering how to use ESP8266WiFi.h or how to update the Cactus ESP8266 firmware to use this library in order to connect with thinger.io.

I hope that you will answer to this post because thinger.io is a great opportunity for Cactus Micro Rev2.

It need program esp8266 with Arduino core directly. But the main micro controller for Cactus Micro is ATMega32U4. I think it’s hard to use ESP8266WiFi.h library with Cactus Micro.

You can check our ESPea dev board. It’s compatible with NodeMCU and should work with thinner.io directly.

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Thinger.io allows also the connection through the WiFi.h library, what about the adoption of this library with Cactus Micro R2?